AAWA participated in the meeting of the North Sound Transportation Alliance, held February 17, 2023.
What Changes are in Store for Transit, Rail, and Ferry Travel in 2023?
Discussion of transportation options for the North Sound region (Whatcom, Skagit, San Juan, Island, and Snohomish Counties).
- Introductions and general announcements — Melissa Fanucci, Whatcom Council of Governments
- Does transit have long-COVID? Ridership trends and scenarios going into 2023 — Shawn Harris, Island Transit; Tom Hingson, Everett Transit; Tim Wilder, Whatcom Transportation Authority; Brad Windler, Skagit Transit
- Update from WA State Representative Joe Timmons, 42nd District, Vice-Chair, House Transportation Committee
- The return of Amtrak Cascades to Vancouver, B.C. and continued planning for high- speed rail — Jason Beloso, WA State Department of Transportation Rail Office
- Updates on service, workforce development, and new vessel and capital projects for WA State Ferries — Carmen Bendixen and Justin Resnick, WA State Ferries
AAWA distributed a short introduction about our organization. Here are some of the slides from other speakers.