Our Key Priorities
- Safety First: Passenger safety must be our top priority. House bills 2439 and 2287 address concerns about safety governance and information sharing.
- Reopen the Point Defiance Bypass: Congestion is choking our region’s travel time reliability, yet a key alternative is being delayed. The Point Defiance Bypass will reduce delays, save time, and enable Amtrak Cascades to expand its number of daily trains. We must reopen the Bypass to keep moving forward.
- Expand into the Yakima Valley: It’s time for the Yakima Valley to receive its fair share of public transportation service. When the East-West passenger rail feasibility study is completed on June 30th, 2020, AAWA urges our leaders to examine the options carefully and choose an operating plan that gives the Yakima Valley convenient daytime service to the Tri-Cities, Spokane, Seattle, and beyond.
A map of the proposed passenger rail service along the Stampede Pass line, currently being studied by the Joint Transporation Committee.
What You Can Do
- Check out our website: aawa.us
- Like us on Facebook: AllAboardWashington
- Follow us on Twitter: @AllAboardWA
Support Our Cause
AAWA is making things happen, but we need your help to keep moving! You can make an impact by:
- Taking action with us in Olympia
- Writing content for our newsletter
- Capturing photographs of our events
- Helping us plan events statewide
- Coordinating local meet-ups
- Managing our social media pages
- Downloading and sharing this page
- Share our presentation
AAWA is coming to a town near you! Join us at one of our upcoming events.
Join Our Board
We’re helping to build a Washington that’s well-connected. Your voice and guidance can make all the difference.
AAWA has open board positions. If you are a doer, are willing to take on some responsibility for the organization, and can commit to attending our board meetings in the Tacoma area, talk with us about joining our board of directors.
Contact Your Legislators
Please ask your Federal, state and local officials to support improved passenger rail service!
You may find your Washington state legislators here, or you can enter your address below to find Federal, state and local representatives. (The information you enter will not be saved.)
Federal and State level representation includes all contact information, while local city and council members simply list names. Local city and council listings will only appear for population centers of 25,000 or more.