2023 Collegiate Train Trek
The 2023 Train Trek Goes to College(s) to Spread the Word on Opportunities for Improved Transportation
There are unprecedented funds available for transportation improvements under the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (BIL). Many communities are unfamiliar with these opportunities. AAWA, in cooperation with The Association of Oregon Rail and Transit Advocates (AORTA) and All Aboard Northwest (AANW) is working to spread the word, because a safe, robust, seamless transportation system will bring significant economic, environmental and equity benefits to communities of all sizes.
The 2023 Train Trek series will focus on colleges. The exact itinerary is still being planned, but we anticipate holding events at such institutions as:
- Western Washington University, Bellingham
- University of Washington, Seattle
- University of Washington, Tacoma
- Central Washington University, Ellensburg
- Eastern Washington University, Cheney
- Washington State University, Pullman
- Gonzaga University, Spokane
- Whitman College, Walla Walla
- Washington State University, Tri-Cities
- Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences, Yakima
- Heritage University, Toppenish
Let us know if you can recommend other institutions that would be good to visit. We’re looking for on-campus host organizations and sponsors. Please support us today to make our Train Trek happen!
Would you like us to visit your town? Here's what we'll need:
- Local co-sponsors (government, economic development organization, service club, media outlet)
- Logistical support (meeting venue, lodging if needed)
- Local keynote speakers
- Advance publicity
- Sponsors and donations to cover costs
If you would like to be a stop on the 2023 Train Trek, contact us!